– 1 package firm tofu
– 1 tablespoon cornstarch
– 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
-1/4 cup plain almond milk
– 1/2 tsp turmeric (optional, mostly for color)
– 2 tablespoons hummus (optional; I used plain here, but other flavors would probably be delicious)
– salt and pepper to taste
– 1 shallot, chopped
– vegetables of choice: I used mushrooms here, but almost anything would work. Eggplant, zucchini, kale (mmm), potatoes, and so on.
(preheat oven to 400)
1. In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except for vegetables and shallot; blend until smooth. Taste mixture and adjust seasoning to your liking
2. Saute shallot over medium-high until translucent. Add other vegetables and cook until almost tender
3. Combine tofu mixture and vegetables in a bowl; transfer to a shallow greased pan or springform
4. Bake about 30 minutes, until the “quiche” is set.
5. Allow to cool before cutting