Hallo from Vienna!
I’m about halfway through my trip now and am having the greatest time. I’ve found vegan eats around Amsterdam, Berlin, and Vienna, which I’ll post about when I’m home. As much as I love exploring what each city has to offer in terms of vegan restaurants, some days all I want to do is have a homecooked meal. I went to an outdoor market (Naschmarkt – completely awesome) today to pick up ingredients for dinner. I found the littlest eggplants ever and some mini chanterelles, which are much cheaper here than back home. Score.
With my produce in tow, I headed back to my lovely little hostel (getting completely lost along the way).
Dinner was simple, but delicious and comforting.
PASTA WITH WHITE WINE CREAM SAUCE AND VEGETABLES
– 1 serving pasta, any shape
– Olive oil
– 1 medium sized shallot, diced
– 1 or two cloves garlic, minced
– 1/4 cup white wine
– 2 tablespoons vegan cream
– Vegetables of your choice: mine had eggplant and mushrooms
1. Cook pasta according to directions for size and shape
2. In a saute pan over medium heat, cook shallots and garlic in 1 tbsp. olive oil until translucent
3. Add white wine to deglaze pan
4. Add cream and vegetables and cook until tender
5. Drain pasta and add to sauce + vegetables